Welcome to Dove
Dove is one of our two year 5 classes taught by Mr Pool. Did you know Mr Pool has run a marathon? He also supports Cambridge United and is a keen fantasy football manager.
things to celebrate
We are really looking forward to welcoming the children back after the Summer Break. We can’t wait to share our learning journey with them!
Things you need to know
Indoor PE Monday and Outdoor PE Friday
• Reading for Pleasure Book – Your child will bring a book home which they want to read for pleasure. It may not be the same level as their AR book. They might read this to themselves or ask you to read it to them/share it with them.
• AR book – This book your child will read to continue to develop their fluency and accuracy as it will be at the level to support their progress. Please record when they read this book in their reading record with any comments.
• Core Learning Task – This will be a task linked to the learning in English or Maths during the past week. The area which it focuses on will vary each week based on the needs of the children in the year group.
• Foundation Learning Task – This will be a task linked to the foundation learning that has happened during the past week (this task is optional). The curriculum area which it focuses on will vary each week based on the needs of the children in the year group.
• Spellings – Each week your child will have 8 spelling words to learn that will be ‘checked’. Their class teacher will communicate when the ‘check’ will be.
• TTRockstars – Your child should aim to log on and rock at least 3 times a week (their log in will be in their reading record)