Welcome to Dove
Dove is one of our two year 2 classes taught by Mr Pool. Did you know Mr Pool has run a marathon? He also supports Cambridge United and is a keen fantasy football manager.
things to celebrate
- We settled into Year 2 life well
- We achieved a 10-minute run around the playground without stopping.
- The class are now part of ‘The Dragon Squad’, after receiving a lovely letter from Andy Shepherd, the author of ‘The Boy Who Grew Dragons’.
- We completed three successful experiments in science.
- We learnt about the planets in our solar system, the moon landing and the children wrote a biography about Neil Armstrong.
- Our books were ‘The Dark’ and ‘The Tunnel’, the children wrote some fantastic narratives on these books. We also looked at ‘The King who banned the Dark’, and they wrote a persuasive letter.
- In science we learnt about everyday materials and diet and health. We linked this to our Space theme by looking at astronauts and how they live in space.
- In maths we have been learning about place value, and addition and subtraction.
would you like to live in space?
What we thought we knew …
- I know a dog has been in space.
- I know the planets in the solar system.
- I know the moon is dusty.
- I know we travelled to the moon in a rocket.
What we wondered …
- What is the moon made out of?
- Who was the first person in space?
- Are aliens real?
- How many planets are in the solar system?
What we now know …
- I know the first man to walk on the moon was Neil Armstrong
- I know that the Wright Brothers invented the first plane.
- I know all of the planets in our solar system.
- I know the dog that travelled to space was called Leika
- I know that astronaut’s underwear are called maximum absorbency pants.
- I know that when astronauts go to space now, they stay in the International Space Station (ISS)
Things you need to know
Wednesday and Thursday
Home learning & Reading
Information about home learning
Draw with Rob
What is interesting about our local area?