Year 5Dove & Kingfisher
Welcome to Dove & Kingfisher Class
Dove is taught by Mr J Pool.
Did you know Mr Pool has run a marathon? He also supports Cambridge United and is a keen fantasy football manager.
Kingfisher is taught by Mrs E Williams.
Did you know that Mrs Williams is an amazing and adventurous baker.
things to celebrate
We are really looking forward to welcoming the children back after the Summer Break. We can’t wait to share their learning journey with them!
Things you need to know
Autumn Term Information
Our Autumn term topic in Year 5 is ‘Why should we look after the rainforests and our world?’. The books we will be covering in English will be ‘The Butterfly Lion’ and ‘The Explorer’.
In maths, the children will be revisiting place value, addition, subtraction and fractions.
In science, we will be covering animals including humans and plants.
Indoor PE Monday
Outdoor PE Wednesday
• Reading for Pleasure Book – Your child will bring a book home which they want to read for pleasure. It may not be the same level as their AR book. They might read this to themselves or ask you to read it to them/share it with them.
• AR book – This book your child will read to continue to develop their fluency and accuracy as it will be at the level to support their progress. Please record when they read this book in their reading record with any comments.
• Core Learning Task – This will be a task linked to the learning in English or Maths during the past week. The area which it focuses on will vary each week based on the needs of the children in the year group.
• Foundation Learning Task – This will be a task linked to the foundation learning that has happened during the past week (this task is optional). The curriculum area which it focuses on will vary each week based on the needs of the children in the year group.
• Spellings – Each week your child will have 8 spelling words to learn that will be ‘checked’. Their class teacher will communicate when the ‘check’ will be.
• TTRockstars – Your child should aim to log on and rock at least 3 times a week (their log in will be in their reading record)