Welcome to hawk
Hawk is one of our two year 6 classes taught by Mr Saxby. Did you know Mr Saxby loves rugby league, scented candles and is very interested in mindfulness and wellbeing of staff and children?
Things to celebrate
Things you need to know
PE Days and Home Learning
Monday Outdoor PE Monday and Indoor PE Friday
• Reading for Pleasure Book – Your child will bring a book home which they want to read for pleasure. It may not be the same level as their AR book. They might read this to themselves or ask you to read it to them/share it with them.
• AR book – This book your child will read to continue to develop their fluency and accuracy as it will be at the level to support their progress. Please record when they read this book in their reading record with any comments.
• Core Learning Task English – This will be a task linked to the English learning during the past week. The part of English this will focus on will be based on the needs of the children from the past week.
• Core Learning Task Maths – This will be a task linked to the Maths learning during the past week. The part of Maths this will focus on will be based on the needs of the children from the past week.
• Spellings – Each week your child will have 8 spelling words to learn that will be ‘checked’. Their class teacher will communicate when the ‘check’ will be.
• TTRockstars – Your child should aim to log on and rock at least 3 times a week (their log in will be in their reading record)