Welcome to Kingfisher
Kingfisher is one of our two year 4 classes taught by Miss R Grist. Did you know Miss R Grist was new to the school in September and can’t wait to join our Little Paxton Team?
Every day you will have:
• Five minutes of times tables practise
• Ten (or more!) minutes of reading – at least three times a
• Five minutes of spelling practise
These will be checked every Monday.
Starting after half term, every week, you will have:
• An English task
• A Maths task
This will be sent on a Friday and collected the following
Starting after half term, you will have:
• A choice of projects; complete one by the end of the term.
The deadline will be given in your homework books.
• Choose a reading book within your score range from the library.
• Keep a track of every time you read it, including the date and
the pages you have read and whether you read it with someone
or by yourself.
• Complete a QUIZ on the book you have read, using the AR
• Write your quiz score in your reading record, then show your
class teacher or Mrs Shirley (then they can sign it).
• Choose another book – you can move up a point if you have
scored 100% on at least two quizzes.
Things you need to know
Indoor PE Thursday and Outdoor PE on Tuesday
• Reading for Pleasure Book – Your child will bring a book home which they want to read for pleasure. It may not be the same level as their AR book. They might read this to themselves or ask you to read it to them/share it with them.
• AR book – This book your child will read to continue to develop their fluency and accuracy as it will be at the level to support their progress. Please record when they read this book in their reading record with any comments.
• Core Learning Task – This will be a task linked to the learning in English or Maths during the past week. The area which it focuses on will vary each week based on the needs of the children in the year group.
• Foundation Learning Task – This will be a task linked to the foundation learning that has happened during the past week (this task is optional). The curriculum area which it focuses on will vary each week based on the needs of the children in the year group.
• Spellings – Each week your child will have 8 spelling words to learn that will be ‘checked’. Their class teacher will communicate when the ‘check’ will be.
• TTRockstars – Your child should aim to log on and rock at least 3 times a week (their log in will be in their reading record)
Our BIG question this Autumn term is “Was Queen Victoria the greatest sovereign ?”