Welcome to starling
Starling is one of our two year 1 classes taught by Miss Rose. Did you know Miss Rose loves to be creative and can make amazing learning resources out of pieces of wood?
things to celebrate
Children have settled well into the new Year 1 routine.
· We loved learning outside (in the nice weather) and made good use of all of our lovely outdoor areas in school. Photo of LRRH
· Miss Rose completed her first term as an NQT with the help of the amazing children and staff!
· We had a big focus on reading this term and it is of great pleasure to tell you that children are improving.
We really enjoyed learning about different fairytales especially The Gingerbread Man where we were able to create our very own Gingerbread biscuit. Photo of gingerbread man
· We like doing lots of practical learning in groups and pairs.
· We enjoyed making Christingles and learning about what each part of it represents for Christians. We also enjoyed filming our Christmas play and finally being able to do some singing!
Our Big question
Was the Great Fire of London really great?
What we thought……….
· The question was asking us weather the Great Fire of London was big as great means big.
· Straight away we thought it was great because it was big.
· The fire was put out by Firemen.
· Lots of people died.
What we wondered……
· How many people died?
· How and where it started?
· How did the people escape?
· How long did it last?
· How did we know about it if it happened long ago?
What we now know…………
· We think that it was great because it has given us the city we have today.
· Only 6 people died.
· Samuel Pepys was an eye witness and wrote a diary to tell us all about it.
· The River Thames is a very long river in London and helped people escape.
Things you need to know
Monday and Tuesday
Home learning & Reading
Information about home learning
Pirate dress up day!
Would you like to sail the seas?