Welcome to starling
Starling is one of our two year 1 classes taught by Miss Rose. Did you know Miss Rose loves to be creative and can make amazing learning resources out of pieces of wood?
things to celebrate
Things to celebrate:
• Children have settled well into the new Year 1 routine.
• We loved learning outside (in the nice weather) and made good use of our amazing, new outside area (thank you LPSA).
• Miss Rose and Mr Crabb have loved getting to know the new Starlings and Ravens!
• We will have a big focus on reading this term so please keep reading at least 3 times a week at home!
• We really enjoyed learning about London and reading our first text Katie in London.
• We like doing lots of practical learning in groups and pairs.
• We have enjoyed learning our new harvest songs ready for the harvest festival.
• In Maths we have been learning about Place Value
• In Science we are looking at everyday materials and the children have loved making songs about them. They have really loved becoming Scientific Investigators, Explorers and Detectives.
• The children have showed their creative side in Art, learning how to Tint and Shade and we have begun to look at Primary and Secondary colours.
• In PE we are developing our Fundamental PE skills and Ball skills and have loved getting outside and getting active.
We will be using a continuous provision approach for the Autumn term building on previous learning from Early Years Foundation Stage.
Things you need to know
Monday and Friday
Home learning & Reading
Information about home learning
Pirate dress up day!
Autumn Term-Was the Great Fire of London really great?
Spring Term-Would you sail the seas?
Summer Term-Pineapple-growing in Paxton Nature Reserve-True or False?