Welcome to Woodpecker
Woodpecker is one of our two year 3 classes taught by Mrs R Clarke. & Mrs H Rider. A big welcome back to Mrs H Rider who has returned from her maternity leave.
things to celebrate
Things you need to know
Indoor PE Monday and Outdoor PE Wednesday
• Reading for Pleasure Book – Your child will bring a book home which they want to read for pleasure. It may not be the same level as their AR book. They might read this to themselves or ask you to read it to them/share it with them.
• Little Wandle/AR book – This book your child will read to continue to develop their fluency and accuracy as it will be at the level to support their progress. Please record when they read this book in their reading record with any comments.
• Learning Task – This task will be linked to the learning during the past week (this will be optional). The curriculum area which it focuses on will vary each week based on the needs of the children in the year group.
• Spellings – Each week your child will have 8 spelling words to learn that will be ‘checked’. Their class teacher will communicate when the ‘check’ will be.
• TTRockstars – Your child should aim to log on and rock at least 3 times a week (their log in will be in their reading record)